1. Stop button in Chrome DevTools example
- open Chrome DevTools with F12, Ctrl+Shift+i or from menu Main menu→More tools→Developer tools,
- open web page that you want to debug,
- run some code that has infinity loop,
- click Chrome DevTools window to get focus on it,
- pause script with F8, Ctrl+\ or by clicking Pause script execution button,
- press mouse button for 1-3 seconds on the button again to see more options,
- move click action to square stop button on expanded menu to stop permanently script execution.
2. End process by closing tab or window example
Use close button to stop process. If it does not help use Task manager described in next approach of this post.
3. End process button in Task manager example
- open Chrome Task manager with Shift+Esc or from menu Main menu→More tools→Task manager,
- find process on list by tab name or biggest CPU load (use column sort option),
- select process and click End process button.