In this short article, we would like to show how to install MSBuild.exe under Windows.
- Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 - Community Edition,
- You can run the installer without a Microsoft account,
- MSBuild.exe will be installed in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin
- Add one of the above paths to
Pathenvironment variable - select the one that contains MSBuild.exe application,
- Open Command Prompt or other command line and check if
MSBuild.exeis working (command line should be opened/re-opened after
Pathvariable is updated).