In this article, we would like to show you how to initialize express.js project step by step.
1. Install Node.js on your PC
2. Open an empty folder for your project
3. Open terminal with the project destination
4. Create package.json file
npm init -y
-yflag is used to use the default values, so we won't need to answer any questions.
5. Install express
npm i express
6. Inside your project folder create index.js file
7. Import express, initialize app and make it listen on specified port (in our case http://localhost:5000)
const express = require('express'); // import express const app = express(); // initialize app app.listen(5000); // make the app listen on specified port
Now your server is set up and listening for request. Check the See also section below to learn how to write express.js requests.